Our Cost Consultancy services are focussed on maximising the value of investment and reducing risk, covering the full spectrum of development, investment and management:
- For developers and owners, our Quantity Surveyors manage the cost of design and and construction, devising robust budgets at project inception and maintaining those budgets through to completion;
- For lenders and investors, we specialise in Due Diligence, interrogating projects to identify risks that might undermine security; and
- For property owners and managers, we maximise value with our expertise in Facilities Management, Lifecycle Consultancy and Insurance Valuation, drawn from extensive experience of operational assets.
We also specialise in providing Expert Witness services in construction litigation, and Capital Allowances advice for property owners seeking to maximise property tax relief.
At the heart of all our services lies proactive and commercial expertise, supported by a dynamic team of Cost Consultants who are focussed upon achieving excellence in service delivery. Our team retain extensive experience of delivering project specific Cost Consultancy services to a wide range of public and private sector Clients, and for a wide range of building types – ranging from schools to hotels, and from courts to performing arts centres. Our services are supported by sustained investment in information technology, using both commercial and in-house software applications to respond to the individual needs of our Clients.
Our full range of Cost Consultancy services are as follows:
- Benchmarking and Market Testing
- Business Case Consultancy
- Cost Management and Quantity Surveying
- Capital Allowances
- Development Monitoring
- Economic Appraisal
- Expert Witness
- Facilities Management Consultancy
- Insurance Valuation
- Lenders ‘s Technical Due Diligence
- Lifecycle Consultancy
- PPP / DBFM / NPD Due Diligence
- PPP / DBFM / NPD Advisory
- Value Engineering
Johnston Houston’s Building Surveying team provides professional consultancy services to a wide range of sectors, including education, commercial property, residential and public bodies.
2 – 12 Montgomery Street
Co. Antrim, N.I.